Sunday, November 10, 2013

Ready... Set... GO

 
Seems like I wake up every morning and tell myself, OK... today is the day i'm going to be good and not over eat. Today is the day I will take a stand to lose the weight. Today is the day! By 11:00 I start to get hungry and by 12:00 I've usually already blown it. Then I tell myself, "well, tomorrow will be better", and the cycle starts all over again.

I have lost weight in the past. I've lost a lot of weight... but it always seems to find it's way back again. The truth is that I love to cook and I love food. I don't eat a lot of junk but I can eat a lot... mostly at night when I am the hungriest. I'm not a "joiner" and I don't want to spend lots of money that I don't have to find out what I already know... to not eat so much and definately not right before I go to bed. I think we all know inside of us what we need to do to get control of our lives. I know I can get a handle on this if I focus on breaking the pattern that prevents me from staying on track. This is what I know:

• The older I get, the harder it will be to lose weight.
• 4 lbs. of pressure are added to your knees for every 1 lb.of weight gained.
• No matter how much I’ve had to eat during the day, I still feel famished at night.
• I’m doing less activities I enjoy because the weight decreases my energy level.
• Being overweight is just as much of a psychological issue with me as it is a food issue.
• I know I can do this so I am putting it all out there for everyone to see.

My hope is that I will attract a support group of like minded people who want to attack the issues of being overweight as much as I do. That we will be able to support each other emotionally through this and get it under control once and for all. I love to cook and have quite a few recipes that are great for weight loss. I also wanted to create a form for my recipes, that they might help others deal with their hunger issues. So I’m going to dive right in and see where this leads. I encourage you to join me on my journey so we can help each other achieve the healthy lives that we deserve to live. Where perseverence will be encouraged with the support we give to each other. Where we can lift each other up and know we are not alone in our quest.

So welcome to day one of the journey. Ready… set … GO!

No comments: