Sunday, November 17, 2013

In Flight



I've noticed today that my sense of taste is changing. I'm craving clean fresh foods with minimal cooking. Just a fresh ripe pear sliced thin with a drizzle of honey over some yogurt tastes so good to me. Maybe I'm just getting lazy, but my desire to cook is not a priority lately.

Last summer I bought a whole box of perfectly ripe mangos for $10.00 at the peak of the season and canned 10 half pints of Major Grey chutney. I haven't really used any of them yet and had a jar in the refrigerator I pulled out tonight and stirred in with some yogurt. Wow...what a great combination! It was summer in a jar and now that I've discovered how great it is with yogurt, you can bet those jars are going to go fast.

Well today marks the end of the first week launch of my diet. Holy cow, I lost 9 lbs. this week!  I know that is going to decrease substantially in the weeks to come. Honestly... I'm happy to have lost anything at all and to not be playing the diet mind games with myself that I always do. I'm thankful for this blog that gives me a platform to chart my journey. Even if no one reads it, it's still a good format to help keep me on track and a nice way to end every day.

I don't have any goals for the amount of weight I'd like to lose. My goal is to get to a place where I feel good about myself and can do the activities I love. My goal is to just lighten up, hang on and enjoy the ride!

 

No comments: