Friday, November 15, 2013

Feeling Full

I was thinking this evening about how unusual it was for me to not eat all the food on my plate at dinner time. Granted I am the one deciding the portion amount I put on it in the first place, but I always finish eating everything I put on my plate. Tonight I did not. I was full before I finished so I stopped eating, with enough left over to wrap up for another time. I did not take large portions to begin with so it was really out of character for me to do this. I sat there looking at my plate for an instance debating whether I should finish it or not. Usually I finish everything and debate whether I should get more? It was a weird moment for me and I wasn't sure how to process it. Being satisfied hunger wise is not part of my vocabulary. Even when I do feel full, my mind can still be hungry... especially at night. Last night was different and I actually stopped eating when I was full and my mind did not kick in as usual. This is huge for me!

I eat a lot of lemon pickled vegetables. I love anything fresh with vinegar. Vinegar is great for weight loss because it helps dissolve fat. I take whatever vegetables I happen to have on hand, slice them up and pickle them in a mixture of seasoned rice vinegar, lemon and a tiny bit of honey, (that you don't really need to add), but it rounds out the taste... so I add it. I keep it on hand in the refrigerator and it will last for days. It's part of my "already made ahead" diet arsenal for when I get hungry but don't want to eat anything fattening. It has a big taste and is also good wrapped in cold cuts as a light snack. This week I used carrots, cucumbers, celery, cherry tomatoes, red peppers and jicama.


Lemon Pickled Vegetables

No comments: