Saturday, December 14, 2013

Enough

It's taking less food to fill me up and I'm able to say, "Enough" after a small portion. It's fair to say that I have cut my portions in half of what I used to eat. It takes awhile to get to this point and once you have arrived, cherish it! I find myself thinking less about food in general. I frequently don't eat lunch until around 2:00 because I'm not hungry for it until then. The cravings for late night snacks have pretty much subsided.

 
 
Last night for dinner I was craving steak. I grilled a NY steak to a nice medium rare and had 1/3 of it with some left over potato salad. A light drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper, some summer salsa and a generous squeeze of lemon over everything and I was set! This is not a lot of food but it was totally satisfying and filling on so many levels. I rarely use my dinner plates anymore. The smaller plates are the perfect size for holding an acceptable meal portion. It's the little adjustments like these that are making a difference. 

No comments: