Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Old Habits Die Hard

Since Thanksgiving it's been challenging to get back on track.  Eating at night is creeping back into my life again.  It's so easy to totally un-do a whole day of staying on track just by eating an extra 200-300 calories at night. Tonight I ate a slice of sour dough bread with a very light spread of butter and blackberry jam at 10:00. I just went for it, like an old comfortable pair of slippers... I looked in the refrigerator first to find something quick and non-fattening but I haven't been shopping since returning from Thanksgiving and was low on everything.  Had there been some already prepared pickled veggies or even an apple or half a grapefruit on hand, I would have chosen to eat that instead. Right now I need to be very aware of  what I eat at night. I don't want to completely cut off eating all food after my dinner meal, but need to develop more will power so it doesn't get out of hand.



Here are my mini goals for the rest of the week:
  • To get back on track of not eating past 8:00 PM.
  • To have some already prepared healthy low fat food items ready for a quick snack.
  • To lose 3 lbs. by Sunday.

No comments: