Thursday, December 5, 2013

Smooth Move

I love drinking smoothies! They always make me feel clean and fresh. They are light, nutritious, filling and addictive. Drinking a smoothie in the morning really wakes me up and gets me going. I love the surf rider smoothie at Jamba Juice and have experimented around with my own version to get the correct balance of sweetness to tang. They use lime sherbet in their version. I skip the sherbet and add a packet of lemon lime Emergen-C for tang and flavor. The Emergen-C is jam packed with antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients and at only 25 calories per packet…well it's a no-brainer.
 
 


You can use any combination of fruits, Emergen-C flavors and juice to make whatever flavor you desire. I almost always add a banana for taste / texture and because it adds bulk that fills me up. I use frozen fruit whenever possible because it creates a different texture that I like, plus it makes it colder. I keep bags of frozen bananas, blueberries and strawberries in the freezer just to make these delicious breakfast smoothies with.

Here are a variety of smoothie ideas from Chris at Tales of a Kitchen website

No comments: