Saturday, January 4, 2014

Down to Brass Tacks

I have to admit that I have been slacking in the weight loss arena. I'm doing well with sticking to healthy eating habits but have been at the same weight for around 3 weeks now with no loss.

I had a fantastic meal at a friends house on New Years Eve. Chicken Marsala, rice pilaf, curried vegetables and banana flambé for dessert. It was beautifully executed and such a nice way to wrap up the Holiday Season.

I managed to get through the whole season with only gaining 3 lbs. from my lowest weight. So now it is down to the brass tacks of regaining my previous weight loss composure... starting today!



I spent part of New Years day at the San Jose Flea Market. I had never been there before even though it has the distinction of being the worlds largest flea market. It was a slow day there and many of the vendors were not open, but there was still a lot going on. I was amazed at the scope of the market... it is huge! There is a whole area just for produce and food stalls. Most of this area was closed down but there were still around 20 vendors open for business. I bought the most beautiful, sweetest red grapefruits I've ever had at 3 for $1.00. I also bought some sweet red grapes for 95 cents a lb. There was a vendor open that only sold fresh fruit cups. mangos on a stick, and a large assortment of fresh juices on ice in massive glass urns. I bought the tangerine juice which was fantastic! It is an incredible source for cheap fresh produce and definitely worth the drive over the hill. I'll have to go back on a weekend when it's in full swing.

It is with a light heart and a refridgerator fully stocked with fresh fruits and vegetables that I march forward into the new year. Carry on...

No comments: